Sunday, January 04, 2009

One little word...

Can one little word change your life? I think it can! Ali Edwards started a tradition in her January 2007 newsletter to pick a word, one little word, to focus on for the year. A few of my blogging friends have been participating in this, and I felt inspired to do this too. We started chit-chatting about it mid-November I think? Then I got caught up in the holiday chaos of Thanksgiving and Christmas, and set it aside (sound familiar? Haha!) Well - we started chit-chatting about it again right after Christmas, so I pulled out my sticky note.



Haha - just ignore that I had frumpy on there. I decided I *do not* want to be frumpy in 2009, lol...I want to be the OPPOSITE of frumpy, so I went with ENERGY for my word. I feel more energetic already! I was so energized, that I had to scrap a page!


I also treated myself to this (with my word "energy" of course). I've been a fan of Lisa Leonard's jewelry designs for awhile, so when Ali posted about the coupon, it was a no brainer. See how energetic I am? *snort*



Did you make any New Year's resolutions? This is the first year in a long time that I haven't actually penned my resolutions down. I guess, since they are the same every year, I feel I can just remember them, haha, insert rolling eyeballs here...you know how it is:

lose weight
drink more water
go green
recycle
give up caffeine (YA RIGHT!)
exercise
get organized
yada yada yada...

Do you see how most of these require ENERGY? Hmmmm...

One thing that I do want to focus on is more scrapbooking! I want to set aside time for this every week. I might even calendar this and set up reminder alarms. I did that with balancing the checkbook and I actually do that every week since it's on my calendar. The second thing I am focusing on is photography - I need to get back to using my camera (either the P&S or the DSLR will do) more often...

Thanks for stopping by - have a fabulous Sunday!

1 comment:

skylark knits said...

Great word ... and I love your page! I am still working on what my word for the year might be.