Thursday, November 27, 2008

December Daily...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I hope that you are enjoying the day with family, friends, and FOOD!

December is around the corner - MONDAY PEOPLE! December 1 is MONDAY! Aaaack! I *finally* have my December Daily album ready to go. All in all, this was a very doable project, I just was dilly-dallying getting my pages numbered, lol.

Before I unveil my pages, I want to share a bit about my process for getting this project organized:

First, I gathered my supplies. I started with an 8x8 acrylic album from Scrapworks - the album was 8 pages, including 6 tabbed pages, plus a front and back cover.

The album comes with binder rings, but since I was adding so many pages (I have 31 total pages, plus the front/back cover) I needed larger binder rings, which I found at an office supply store.

For supplies, I gathered up alphabet and number stickers, buttons, ribbons, patterned paper, cardstock, brads, rubber stamps and ink, my Crop-A-Dile, scissors, paper trimmer, and adhsive.

While I was working on my album, I kept everything contained in a large basket. (This is the Large Serving Basket by Longaberger) I will keep the same supplies available to use when I am adding photos and journaling to my pages.

I used a variety of envelopes, folded cards, mini file folders, and even a brown paper bag in the album as pages. I kept my supplies to the same basic color scheme, but tried to not be too "matchy matchy" with my album.

I have to say special thanks to my friends Mish and Pine for sharing the details on this project (original idea by Ali Edwards) and inspiring me to give it a try!

You can see Ali's album here; Mish's album here; and Pine's album here. My friend Kookie also joined in the challenge too! Kooks' album is here.

Tomorrow I will share my pages - JUST IN TIME for December! It's not too late to get this project started! You can skip the Black Friday crowds and work on this instead!

No comments: