Thursday, May 28, 2009

Miss You, Dad...

Today is my Dad's birthday - Even though he is no longer with us, I think of him often, and miss him like CRAZY! After Dad passed away, Mom and I went through a bunch of old photos, and I scanned a few. I was so sad to realize how few photos there are of Dad. These days I am camera crazy (obviously, lol), but then, it just didn't seem as important. Make a point of getting EVERYONE in the picture! You will be glad you did, and you (and your family) will one day treasure those photos - even if they are dog-eared, over or under exposed, and sort of blurry.

I did a quick page showcasing a few of the pictures that I do have of Dad - these photos really show what he was about, growing up on the farm, his service in the Army, and hunting & fishing. A perfect birthday tribute! I can *almost* smell that pipe tobacco...

I miss you Dad!



Today, I will ignore the carbs/calories/points and get a Dairy Queen treat. You could always count on my Dad to swing in there for a treat on a hot summer day...

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you get an ice cream treat today!

1 comment:

Kookie said...

What a wonderful way to remember dad!